xorg-c-mode for emacs ?

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Tue Jun 17 15:51:35 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 11:48:07AM +0200, walter harms wrote:
> ok, i found this
> http://www.x.org/wiki/CodingStyle/
>
> the linux kernel docs have a hints adjusting emacs,
> it would be nice if someone could provide the same here.

Except for the server and some driver modules, we don't have a coding style
as such. Especially in Xlib, the coding style is largely: "do what's already
done in the code surrounding your patch".

In the server we have an indent-defined coding style (see
util/modular/x-indent.sh), but other modules have other styles. evdev uses 4
spaces, no tabs, intel uses 1 tab, etc. If you want some sort of
auto-adjustment I recommend to use vimdir or whatever the emacs equivalent
is.

Cheers,
   Peter