config: revert quirk for the Evoluent Vertical Mouse

Dmitry Torokhov dmitry.torokhov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 11:36:32 PDT 2014

On Friday, October 10, 2014 11:12:11 AM Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 12:54:40PM +1000, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> > This quick makes the mouse behaviour more obvious (LMR buttons generate
> > LMR
> >
> > events) but goes against the manufacturer's intended defaults:
> >     Top button - left click.
> >     Wheel button - .middle click (e.g., for pan and rotate in CAD
> >     programs).
> >     Middle button - right click.
> >     Bottom button - back.
> >     Thumb button - forward.
> >
> > from http://www.evoluent.com/vm3.html
>
> For what it worth I think the current mapping is correct. Manufacturer's
> recommendations are geared towards Windows set up where middle click is not
> normally used, whereas in Linux it is extremely useful.

FWIW here is what the hardware reports for version 4 of the mouse:

topmost on right size - BTN_LEFT
middle on the right side - BTN_MIDDLE
wheel click - BTN_EXTRA
lowest on the right side - BTN_RIGHT
top on the left side - BTN_SIDE
bottom on the left side - BTN_FORWARD

so it seems that manufacturer itself decided to change the default mapping
in newer version.

Thanks.

--
Dmitry