Translating XkbApplyMappingChange() et al. to xcb-xkb

LaƩrcio de Sousa laerciosousa at sme-mogidascruzes.sp.gov.br
Fri Oct 17 11:39:17 PDT 2014

Hi there!

I'm currently working on a full XCB backend for xf86-video-nested driver.
I'm able to translate all Xlib-related code in file xlibclient.c to XCB,
except some Xkb related parts which force me to maintain a minimal XCB-Xlib
mix.

I would like to translate some Xkb functions used in xf86-video-nested to
xcb-xkb in order to get rid of Xlib stuff, namely:

XkbGetKeyboard()

XkbGetControls()

XkbApplyMappingChange()

XkbDDXChangeControls()

XkbCopyDeviceKeymap()

Is it currently possible to translate these functions to xcb-xkb? The
relevant files in which these functions appear are the following:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-nested/tree/src/xlibclient.c
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-nested/tree/src/nested_input.c
--
*Laércio de Sousa*