tile property contents

Andy Ritger aritger at nvidia.com
Tue Oct 21 23:34:40 PDT 2014

I assume the TILE property described below would be per-connector?

It looks like this would handle the DP MST tiled display case.

At the risk of trying to solve too much at once:

There are also configurations where users configure multiple heads to
drive power walls that they want to be treated as one logical monitor,
similar to the DP MST tiled display case.  Normally, those powerwall
configurations don't have any layout information from the monitors
themselves, and the layout is configured by the user.

Would it be appropriate for users to be able to set the TILE property
in that sort of scenario?

For the sake of generality, I wonder if max[hv]tiles and [hv]_tile_loc
should be expressed in pixels rather than tiles?  Sometimes, the tiles
in those powerwalls may not all have the same resolution, or may be
configured with overlap.  I suppose that would make the TILE configuration
specific to the current modetimings on each tile...

Thanks,
- Andy