via_ati_questions

Doug Lasse yeaohyeaoh3 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 06:55:20 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm writing to you cause I have several questions about my 2 graphics card
which are VIA K8N800/K8M800/K8N800A Unichrome Pro IGP and ATI Radeon 8500.

For my VIA : I've tried *openchrome* and proprietary *via* driver but
without any success. Is there an old *openchrome* I could download ? Cause
the link at freedesktop.org seems to be dead.

For my Radeon : I've all the *fglrx* I could (olders and newers) but none
work fine. So I tried with the generic driver radeon : but I works fine but
only without hardware acceleration : neither 2D nor 3D.
I know there's a *radeon* or *fglrx* which could suit me perfectly cause I
tried Mandriva 2006 or 2010 and I had 3D acceleration working perfectly :
prove : Neverball was more than ok for graphicals.

If the drivers method doesn't work at all I'd like to downgrade xorg :
could you please tell me how to do it properly without breaking the kernel
?

I've tried many methods and know I'm bored so I ask to you : who can be
more qualifified than a developper to answer me and show me the right way ?

Thanks a lot in advance for you answer.

Regards, Doug.