Deliver input events only to window owner

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Dec 4 05:54:56 PST 2015

Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> writes:

> the main problem is: I don't know what we'll break with this. I really don't
> know who uses raw keyboard events, or if anyone does.

We'll clearly have to leave people with the option to re-enable whatever
we disable for the sake of security.

Alternatively, we can look into using some of the Xace stuff to restrict
access to raw events to 'authorized' clients. The security extension has
a pretty terrible usage model for this kind of thing though; I wonder if
we could revisit that area and make it actually useful somehow.

--
-keith