How to flip (not rotate) the screen vertically or horizontally.

papa Gone papahuite at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 04:39:28 PST 2015

Hello Everyone,

I have searched all over the Internet (Google, Linux discussion groups,
....) and I failed miserably to find an answer.
I believe it should be very easy to do it but it need complete knowledge of
how X server works.
There should be some memory buffer where the whole screen is written and
read, so if I can change the variables that read or the variable that
writes to that buffer, the whole screen should flip.  I believe  that I
need to compile the X-server and install this new version.

Again, I don't want to rotate the screen ! There are tones of information
and howtos on that.

Thanks again,
Papa