Touchevent mapping to screen

Amirhossein Simjour asimjour at chromium.org
Tue Mar 10 12:15:44 PDT 2015

Hi,

   I was working on a Linux system with two monitors attached to it, where
one of the monitors was  a touchscreen. I had problem to find the exact
mapping between the touch events and the screens.

  I know that I can set the mapping with xinput command, but I was
wondering if there is any way to get the mapping inside of the chromium
code.

  The main problem here is that, although I can do the mapping with xinput
command, I cannot retrieve the mapping in my code. In my case, I have to
scale the touchevents that come from a Dell S2340t touchscreen, however, I
need to know about the exact size of the screen that this touchevent has
came from.
  In general the same problem can be seen in case that we have more than
one touchscreen.

Regards,
Amir