glamor and the sync extension

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Nov 15 23:46:24 PST 2015

Mark Kettenis <mark.kettenis at xs4all.nl> writes:

> Currently glamor hits an assertion on systems that don't have
> xshmfence.  This happens when the glamor code calls
> miSyncGetScreenFuncs() because the miSyncScreenPrivateKey has not been
> set up.  For systems with xshmfence, this happens when
> miSyncShmScreenInit() gets called, but that code is wrapped within
> #ifdef HAVE_XSHMFENCE.  The diff below simply calls miSyncSetup()
> instead if HAVE_XSHMFENCE is not defined.  This makes things work, but
> I'm not sure if this is the right approach.

If you don't have xshmfence working, then you can't use DRI3, but then
the DRI3 support in Mesa unconditionally requires xshmfence currently.

You will still get the sync fences support, which might be useful if you
want to use Present without DRI3. So, yes, I think your patch is a fine
idea.

--
-keith