Seeking review of xserver patches

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Thu Apr 14 10:01:53 UTC 2016

Sorry for the late followup, got sidetracked by other stuff.

On 06.04.2016 03:09, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-04-05 at 17:35 +0900, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>> I haven't received any feedback on the patches listed below. Please let
>> me know if you want me to look at any of your patches in return.
>>

>> os: Use strtok instead of xstrtokenize in ComputeLocalClient
>> https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/78645/
>>
>> Fixes a memory leak every time a client connects.
>
> r-b. Seems like xstrtokenize might want a matching free API too, all
> the callers are rolling their own.

Makes sense, thanks for the reviews.

>> xfree86/modes: Disambiguate driverIsPerformingTransform
>> https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/78319/
>
> r-b if you also fix the omap driver

Will do before I send a pull request for this series.

> (I'm assuming you have patches ready to go for ati and amdgpu).

Right.

>> xfree86/modes: Remove xf86_reload_cursors
>> https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/78320/
>>
>> No longer needed in favour of xf86CursorResetCursor.
>
> r-b, though if you're not willing to patch up the other drivers
> (amdgpu, armsoc, ati, freedreno, geode, nouveau, qxl, and intel and
> vmware which I think both prefer patches than drivebys) then please add
> #define xf86_reload_cursors(s) do {} while (0) in the appropriate
> place.

Sent v2 with xf86_reload_cursors left in as an empty inline function
marked as deprecated.

> In exchange, either of these two series could use some love:
>
> https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/72365/
> https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/72364/
> https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/72366/
>
> Fixes how the resource extension accounts pixmap bytes, it was both
> over-accounting for redirected windows and not accounting for GLXPixmap
> references.

Makes sense to me, but I'm not very familiar with that code, so I'm not
sure I can give more than

Acked-by: Michel Dänzer <michel.daenzer at amd.com>