Obtaining repository commit privilege for several forgotten DDX development projects

Kevin Brace kevinbrace at gmx.com
Thu Aug 4 04:51:10 UTC 2016

Hi,

My name is Kevin Brace and I am the current project maintainer of OpenChrome project for VIA Technologies IGP.
I have managed two new releases of OpenChrome in the past 5 months.

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/openchrome-users/2016-April/007254.html
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/openchrome-users/2016-July/007285.html

I will have a third update coming up in the next month or so.
I plan to continue improving OpenChrome for the foreseeable future, however, I will also like to expand my horizon.
I will like to obtain Git repository commit privilege for the following seemingly forgotten DDX projects.

xf86-video-sis
xf86-video-savage
xf86-video-trident
xf86-video-glint
xf86-video-mach64
xf86-video-cirrus
xf86-video-i740

I will like to modernize the code of the above DDXs so that people who want to continue to use their 10 to 15 year ago graphics cards / IGPs can continue to do so with the latest Linux / *BSD distributions.
While I have not spent too much time on OpenChrome KMS port (will discuss this in a later post), I will not mind working on KMS port for the above graphics devices.

Regards,

Kevin Brace