[xserver PULL master] randr fixes + primary GPU fallback

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Tue Dec 6 14:22:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Mon Dec 5 16:54:51 UTC 2016, Adam Jackson wrote:
 > Not a fan of the autobind patch in terms of upstreaming, I feel like we
 > really should be able to do better.

We've had years to do better and carried this patch
in both Fedora and RHEL for years and nothing better
materialized, I think we're really doing (other)
downstream users a dis-service by keeping this patch
out of upstream. I can only hope that other distros
are including it themselves, otherwise a lot of
the effort spend on making prime setups work smoothly
is wasted, unless users can find the right magic
xrandr commands to make things work in google ...

Regards,

Hans