Packaging xlib for Habitat

Steven Danna steve at chef.io
Sun Jul 17 23:57:58 UTC 2016

Hi,

My employer recently released a new product (Habitat) that includes a
from-source packaging system [0]. Because I am interested in packaging
software that requires xlib, I was going to start packaging xlib and
its dependencies.

I have created an "xorg" namespace (origin)[1] in their package
repository and was planning to upload packages to it as I completed
them.

I'd like to use the xorg namespace so that the packages are grouped
nicely together. But, if you'd prefer I not use the xorg name or if
someone from the xorg project would like to package the software, I
can give control of the xorg namespace to a more appropriate person.

Sincerely,

Steven

Software Development Engineer
Chef Software, Inc