switching the server to poll/epoll

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Jun 2 06:40:39 UTC 2016

And yet more changes to my poll/epoll work. Peter and I discovered that
the threaded input code wasn't doing locking correctly, which was easy
enough to fix on master, but required a bit more work with the new
ospoll interface. That's all cleaned up now.

The series is longer now; I've found a few more things to clean up
before and after making the major changes. There are now 21 patches
before the poll code starts, four patches with the major changes, and
then another six patches afterwards.

There's another ABI change embedded in the series; patches for libinput
and evdev have already been posted.

I can repost the patches if there's interest; otherwise, they're
available at:

        git://people.freedesktop.org/~keithp/xserver.git epoll

--
-keith