Modesetting can't switch back from a software to a hardware cursor (patch to follow)

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Wed Mar 2 17:43:09 UTC 2016

At present if modesetting ever fails to set a hardware cursor it
switches back to a software one and stays that way until it is unloaded.
  The following patch should fix that.  I say "should" because I had
difficulties testing it - the cursor simply disappeared when it should
have been rendering in software, though the debugger showed that
pixman_image_composite() was getting called whenever the cursor moved,
and my kernel driver was getting dirty rectangle information.  My
feeling is that the patch is correct and something else is broken.  I
have not investigated in depth in case some one else immediately has an
idea.

Note that I did my testing against Ubuntu's 1.17.2 server.

Regards,

Michael
--
Michael Thayer | VirtualBox engineer
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | D-71384 Weinstadt

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697