[Bug] arm64: glamor: display abnormal when rotate screen

Mark yao mark.yao at rock-chips.com
Mon Nov 21 04:01:39 UTC 2016

On 2016年11月15日 02:32, Eric Anholt wrote:
> Mark yao <mark.yao at rock-chips.com> writes:
>
>> Hi Eric
>>
>> We found some display problem when rotate the screen.
>>
>> You can see the abnormal display picture on attachment.
>>
>> Bug reproduce step:
>> 1, run lubuntu session.
>> 2, rotate screen: xrandr --output eDP-1 --rotate right
>> 3, run lxterminal, enter some message, move the lxterminal, then you
>> can find font become abnormal.
>>
>> We try that:
>> 1, disable glamor, looks good, no problem.
>> 2, use screenshot to catch abnormal display, the screenshot picture is
>> normal, no problem.
>> 3, use x86 desktop pc(OpenGL), run same display with glamor, no
>> problem.
>>
>> Our testing environment:
>> rk3399 board:
>> CPU: arm64
>> GPU: mali t86x(mali ddk r9p0, EGL 1.4, opengles 2.x)
>>
>> Eric, seem this problem only happen on EGL context, do you see this
>> problem before? I don't know how to debug for it,
>> Can you help us to analysis it?
> glamor has never worked correctly on GLES2 that I know of.  Have you run
> the X Test suite on the X Server master branch against your stack to
> validate it?  The texture transfers were broken, in my experience, and
> would need wrappers to format-convert inside of X.
>
> With proper open source drivers we get desktop GL, so nobody else has
> been working on GLES support.
Sadly hear this, I found gles is support on glamor source code, how does
the gles develop?

With some hack, Currently Now glamor works mostly fine on our boards, so
we want to use glamor
on our project, but we have few experience about it, about the rotate
bug, maybe something wrong
on the texture transfers, but we don't know to debug it, can you give
some guide about it.

Thanks very much.
-- Mark Yao