Direct GLX, IGLX, AIGLX, DRI2 and DRISW. Which is/can do what ?

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 10:12:58 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I had a quick look recently in  the area and some things came a bit odd.

Afaict DRISW is not considered AIGLX (while DRI2 is) based on libglx's
glxSetup(). At the same time both feature direct and indirect GLX.

Yet the current glxSetup considers that DRI2 is wired only in the AIGLX case.

At the same time, the earlier work by Ajax making libglx modular and allowing
one too have the direct GLX w/o IGLX) goes further against the current glxSetup
code.

So... is the above is about right and we currently have a bug in glxSetup() ?
Or perhaps there's some subtlety that I'm missing ?

Thanks
Emil