[xserver PULL master] Modesetting driver prime fixes (unreviewed)

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Tue Sep 13 10:53:03 UTC 2016

Hi Adam, Keith,

Here is a pull-req for 4 modesetting driver prime fixes, which
I've had ready for quite a while now. I've asked various people
at various time to review these, but I've failed to get anyone
to look at them.

So now I'm asking you to merge these unreviewed and trust me
that these are good (I've tested them extensively). Getting
these into 1.19 is important for a number of reasons:

1) Debian and Ubuntu are moving to using the modesetting
driver instead of the intel driver for all recent Intel
iGPUs, without these patches users of hybrid gfx laptops
will see a regression (DRI2 prime offload will not work),
also not that Fedora has already moved to the modesetting
driver for skylake and newer since F24, so the same goes
for Fedora users with skylake.

2) The nouveau ddx does not support the latest 2 generations
of NVidia GPUs so people with these get the modesetting driver,
without these fixes opengl apps on slave outputs on such
NVidia GPUs will run at 1 fps.

3) Ben Skeggs is working on displayport mst for the nouveau
kms driver this will hopefully be ready soon, since the
nouveau ddx does not support mst the plan is to switch to
the modesetting driver for all mst capable NVidia GPUs
with a nouveau ddx update in the near future. Triggering
2) on a wider range of devices.

Note these patches sit on top of my hw-cursor pull-req,
they depend on some of the modesetting fixes / cleanups
in there, so this pull-req must be merged after the
hw-cursor pull-req.

The following changes since commit 35c4e96ed1d372dd161480be8cddcd2d4549e449:

   randr: Fix crtc_bounds when using rotation combined with reflection (2016-09-13 10:27:30 +0200)

are available in the git repository at:

   git://people.freedesktop.org/~jwrdegoede/xserver modesetting-prime-fixes

for you to fetch changes up to 08cfeecd524729589cd6b7c6e6fe65211b268dae:

   modesetting: Fall back to primary crtc for vblank for drawables on slave outputs (2016-09-13 12:40:13 +0200)

Hans de Goede (4):
       modesetting: ms_dri2_create_buffer: check screen of existing front buffers
       modesetting: Implement DRI2InfoRec version 9 callbacks
       modesetting: ms_covering_crtc: Allow calling on non modesetting Screens
       modesetting: Fall back to primary crtc for vblank for drawables on slave outputs

  hw/xfree86/drivers/modesetting/dri2.c   | 84 ++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
  hw/xfree86/drivers/modesetting/vblank.c | 38 +++++++++++++--

Regards,

Hans