Proposed X server 1.19 schedule

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Sep 15 05:58:02 UTC 2016

Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> writes:

> [ Unknown signature status ]
>
> Following the 'release early and often' mantra, we should probably get
> 1.19 out the door and let people start using the new code.
>
> I'd like to propose that we figure out what remaining non-bug changes
> we'd like to get merged in the next week (or two?), then move into a
> non-critical bug fix period for two weeks followed by three or four
> weeks of critical bug fixing and testing. That would look like:
>
>         Development cycle ends: 2016-9-10

Ok, we're a few days past this, and we still have some outstanding
changes which haven't been merged in:

 1) An Xwayland feature request for dealing with cursor warping. This
    one needs review, at least for the ABI changes.

 2) SyncSharedPixmap hook in the screen. This has been reviewed.

 3) Set primary output in xf86RandR12CreateScreenResources12. This one
    has also been reviewed already.

If someone wants to review the Xwayland changes, that'd be great. I can
merge the two reviewed patches (2 and 3), unless Michel beats me to it.

There are also some fixes for Xephyr which LaƩrcio has posted but which
haven't yet seen review. I'm comfortable having these merged during the
non-critical bug window if someone wants to take a look.

Please let me know if you have other changes (other than bug fixes)
which need to be considered for 1.19. Otherwise, I think we can cut RC1
soon.

Adam asked that we move the non-critical deadline to 10-1 and leave the
final release at 10-22, which seems fine to me.

That means

         Non-critical bugs:      2016-10-1
         Critical-bugs:          2016-10-22

--