xf86-video-dummy patch series - was "Cleanups Redux"

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sat Aug 5 15:02:53 UTC 2017

On 17/12/16 02:04, Emil Velikov wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> On 9 December 2016 at 22:25, Bob Terek <xorg at esoterek.com> wrote:

>>> Afaict the patches are literally unchanged since Aaron's submit. As
>>> such changing the authorship is a bit ... bad.
>>

>> Oops, sorry for the breach in protocol. Do I need to do something specific
>> to "withdraw" the patch I sent? Should I do something at Patchwork?

I've restored the "author" and added Bob as "Reviewed-by" instead.

> Updating patchwork would be very good, indeed.
>
>> I'm going to submit an alternative approach to Aaron's 6/6, and was going
>> to include the remaining cleanups, but then it was thought the cleanups
>> should be addressed separately. So then for some reason I thought they
>> needed to be submitted again, against the current version. . .
>>
> Agreed.
These patches have been reviewed and tested quite a few times now.
I've just created a git repo with all the uncontroversial pending
changes to the dummy driver, 6 so far:
https://github.com/totaam/xf86-video-dummy/commits/master
What else can I do to help move this along?

Thanks
Antoine