intel driver 4k MST

René Rebe rene at exactcode.com
Mon Mar 27 14:47:44 UTC 2017

Hi all,

connecting a Dell 4k MST display using the xorg intel driver on two different machines (Surface Pro 3, Dell XPS 13 9360) results in one of the two halts mirrored on the two MST halfs of the display. Using xrandr --left-of / --right-of I could not yet find a combination that would correctly show the whole screen.

In contrast using the xorg modesetting driver on the same kernel and xorg-server 4k MST works out of the box.

Is this a know limitation or the intel xorg driver that is just considered obsolete and dead or anything?

If anyone is interested in detailed xrandr output etc. just let me know, …

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=K645WWl0Ff4

	René

--
 ExactCODE GmbH, Lietzenburger Str. 42, DE-10789 Berlin
 http://exactcode.com | http://exactscan.com | http://ocrkit.com | http://t2-project.org | http://rene.rebe.de