Initial Haiku support

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Mon May 15 13:07:03 UTC 2017

On 15 May 2017 at 12:06, Eric Engestrom <eric.engestrom at imgtec.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, 2017-05-06 11:54:52 +0000, James Taylor wrote:
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> I'm mentoring Haiku's GSoC project for porting DRM to Haiku
>> (www.haiku-os.org). Since my student will be doing the bulk of the
>> work on the DRM kernel drivers proper, I decided to start looking at
>> some of the other packages that we'll have to port, the first being
>> libDRM. Seeing as libpciaccess is a dependency and it hasn't been
>> ported yet, I've gone ahead and prepared a patch that allows it to
>> build on Haiku. Please review and if possible merge. Seeing as I don't
>> really have a way to test it right now, there may be additional
>> patches in the future to tweak the library to work for us. Please feel
>> free to contact me with any questions or comments via email or on
>> Freenode, my nick is Duggan.
>>
>> Thank you.
>
> If you could send your next patches using `git send-email`, it would
> make it easier (and thus quicker) for people to review them :)
>
> I had a quick look, and it won't have any effect on non-haiku platforms,
> so it should be fine to land, whatever state the haiku bit is.

AFAICT the patch is a dummy cp ./src/{freebsd,haiku}_pci.c + sed
"s/freebsd/haiku/Ig" and is missing any integration. Both Makefile.am
and configure.ac.

Since there's no actual users of drm_intel_get_aperture_sizes's
mappable (the code that requires libpciaccess), just return a dummy
value and not bother with any of this ;-)

-Emil