Bug 105851 Xserver 1.20 RC2+ issues with Kwin + Present 1.2

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu Apr 5 07:58:14 UTC 2018

Hi Mike,

On 5 April 2018 at 07:10, Mike Lothian <mike at fireburn.co.uk> wrote:
> I've just tested with those patches, it still doesn't work without that revert
>
> If you're testing this on kwin can you make sure you're using one of
> the OpenGL options on the renderer rather than XRender

I'm absolutely certain it was using OpenGL because it hit all my debug
prints. I was using KF5-Plasma from Fedora 28: which version did you
have? When you say 'doesn't seem to start', what happens exactly?
Before my last patchset, I saw the KDE cursor but no content rendered.
After applying all three patch series (10 patches total) it started
fine, but it had in the meantime got into some weird in-between state
where KWin hung waiting for an ICE/SM message which never returned. I
had to kill several stray ksmserver processes and also wipe out my
.ICE-unix directory.

Cheers,
Daniel