Xorg Issues

Mike Lothian mike at fireburn.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 10:58:01 UTC 2018

Hi

I'll happily raise a bug for these but just wanted to make sure I
wasn't shouting into the void

With Xserver master I can now get the Intel DDX working, however, when
the screen powers down and it woken back up I only see the cursor
moving the background is black, if I then do a VT switch away form X
and back again, things go back to normal

When using the modesetting DDX on both Xserver 1.19 & 1.20 I get
plasmashell lockups, and also Steam lockups (this is really noticable
when opening the friends list and then a chat window). I'm not sure if
the apps are still working and the images just aren't updating or
they're totally frozen.

I'm also not sure if this is a modesetting bug or a Kwin bug that only
happens with modesetting.

Cheers

Mike