Window scaling (aka owner sizes)

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Aug 27 17:45:48 UTC 2018

Robert Mader <robert.mader at posteo.de> writes:

> I can post my WIP work (will have to clean it up and rebase to current
> master).
> That said, I'm very interested to see this go forward and am very
> willing to help :)

I don't know how device coordinates are handled in XWayland, but this
mechanism *might* help if you pass screen event coordinates down to X
for it to then convert into window coordinates?

There are still lots of details to sort out to see if this might
work. In particular, applications often need to do screen-relative
layout of UI elements, such as menus. And many UI elements appear as
separate top-level windows, which would presumably also need scaling to
be usable?

--
-keith