gitlab migration (including account update plans, please read)

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sun Jul 29 15:53:09 UTC 2018

On 07/29/18 03:07 AM, Daniel Stone wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 at 16:24, Adam Jackson <ajax at nwnk.net> wrote:
>> My earlier assertion about the git url not being changed is only true
>> for pulls. For pushes, you will indeed need to update the remote to the
>> new URL:
>>
>> $ git remote set-url origin ssh://git@gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver
>>
>> Repo moves will be (early) this week. BZ moves for the more boring
>> components (protocol, libs, apps, deprecated/abandoned stuff) will
>> follow shortly thereafter.
>
> This took a little longer than hoped, but all the repos have now been moved.

Huge thanks for doing this.

I updated all my local clones with:

git remote set-url origin `git remote get-url origin | sed \
   's%ssh://git.freedesktop.org/git/%ssh://git@gitlab.freedesktop.org/%'`

but got errors that gitlab couldn't find app/bdftopcf, app/rendercheck,
and app/x11perf.

Did something go wrong with them?   I don't see them in the web ui at
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/app either.

I also got the same error from xf86-video-nouveau, xf86-video-openchrome,
libvdpau, and xcb/* but I'm assuming that was my script going too far and
those projects not migrating yet.

	-Alan Coopersmith-               alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
	 Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc