Fw: merging imake fork

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Jun 20 02:57:06 UTC 2018

On June 19, 2018 9:45 PM, Chase <nicetrynsa at protonmail.ch> wrote:

>> Hello,
>> I am part of the open source group continuing to develop CDE, the common
>> desktop environment. We have been attempting to package CDE for debian for
>> quite some time now, and have been hitting a couple of snags. The one that has
>> made me contact you is that we currently maintain our own fork of imake, due
>> to the fact that we have had to bootstrap our own imake to compile properly,
>> but we have very little desire to continue with the fork of imake, and would
>> like to merge with upstream. If you guys have the time, would you mind taking
>> a look at our code and seeing what you can merge in from our forks of imake,
>> makepend and the xorg config files? This would be extremely helpful as we
>> eventually want to simply depend on the xutils package. Also, if it's not a
>> big burden, we have a mailing list that would be helpful so that we could
>> collaborate and work on imake together (as we do have people supporting imake,
>> we just want upstream to have the changes as well) the list is
>> cdesktopenv-devel at lists.sourceforge.net

Sorry, but I have zero time available to go look at other Imake implementations
for the foreseeable future.  I've cc'ed the X.Org developers list to see if
anyone else has time to help, but really, no one wants to maintain any Imake
code now, and the most likely outcome will be many people recommending you move
to anything but Imake, and maybe offering to make you the maintainer of X.Org's
version so we can stop paying attention to it too.

	-Alan Coopersmith-               alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
	 Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc