2018 X.Org Foundation Election Candidates

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Thu Mar 15 20:18:52 UTC 2018

On 15/03/18 02:15 PM, Rob Clark wrote:
> To all X.Org Foundation Members:
>
> The election for the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors will begin on
> 22 March 2018. We have 6 candidates who are running for 4 seats. They
> are (in alphabetical order):
>
> Eric Anholt
> Robert Foss
> Bryce Harrington
> Keith Packard
> Laurent Pinchart
> Harry Wentland
>

> Attached below are the Personal Statements each candidate submitted
> for your consideration along with their Statements of Contribution
> that they submitted with the membership application.

It saddens my heart to not see Alan Coopersmith on this list. I know
that he is a god amonst mortals[1] in the world of X and have seen that
he does great work year after year and perhaps even decade after decade
and I should have stood up and proposed his name.  These big corporate
players all scare me as corps tend to have their own agenda but with
Alan I know that he does good open source spirit work and really .. I
should have proposed his name.  Or at least reached out to him.

I just hope X.org doesn't fall under the hammer of big corps the way all
the old UNIX releases did.

Dennis

[1] at the very least a minor diety