Mod4 + O is blocked from applications

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Wed Nov 7 16:49:03 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-11-05 at 13:41 +0200, hoshi wrote:
> Hi, I have tested on some user applications (Emacs, gedit,...) and
> found that Mod4+O, Mod4+P is not sent to the applications. Instead,
> they show the cursor (if it's hidden). I am not sure if this is due
> to Xorg or other programs.

I don't know what you're using for Mod4, but X doesn't intercept any
two-key bindings on its own. Some three-key, but no two-key.
Occasionally the platform firmware will intercept some combinations,
but typically that doesn't affect cursor visibility (instead it's more
like "change display configuration" or "increase brightness"), so I
would expect this is a function of your desktop environment.

- ajax