libpciaccess - New module for the Hurd && x86 improvements

Damien Zammit damien at zamaudio.com
Sun Nov 25 01:50:28 UTC 2018

Hi libpciaccess devs,

Please find attached a new module for review for GNU/Hurd access method.
This has been a work in progress for quite some time.
The corresponding server code has already been merged upstream in hurd
to use this method as an arbiter for other processes to use the hurdish
method. (it starts by using the x86 access method).

I also provide two patches to improve the x86 access method.

In summary, these three patches provide:

0001) New access method for Hurd

0002) Better probe cmds for non-VGA PCI roms and regions on x86 and add
a recursive scan-bus routine that uses the new probe cmds
(it also splits the conf1 and conf2 methods into separate methods)

0003) Switch over to the new scan-bus routine in x86 method

I wish to thank Joan Lledó for doing most of this work, I am following
up to get this merged upstream into pciaccess.

Cheers,
Damien Zammit