Will like to release xf86-video-mga Version 1.7 soon

Kevin Brace kevinbrace at gmx.com
Mon Nov 26 19:30:52 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am not personally invested in maintaining xf86-video-mga DDX code at this point, but the other day, I built an AMD Athlon 64 based computer with Matrox G400 MAX AGP graphics card, and noticed that the last few commit ago commit broke the screen.
Fortunately, the person who committed the code was able to fix the code very quickly, and I committed the code into the upstream repository.
The code is back to working okay, again.
Anyway, I decided to fix a few annoying compilation warnings, and I just posted the patches to this mailing list.
If there are no objections, I will like to increment the version of xf86-video-mga DDX to Version 1.7 (1.7.0) early next week.
If there are people out there who care about xf86-video-mga DDX, please test the code to see if it is working before I increment the version.
If there are serious issues outstanding, I can postpone the new release.

Regards,

Kevin Brace
Brace Computer Laboratory blog
https://bracecomputerlab.com