gitlab merge requests are (mostly) enabled

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Sep 10 14:28:12 UTC 2018

I've turned merge requests on for most modules. I haven't done the
drivers yet (hopefully by the end of the day), and will continue to
leave them disabled for the drivers whose maintainers have asked they
be left disabled.

In particular, merge requests are enabled for xserver now, and that's
how I'll be managing the merges I do. If you've forked xserver in
gitlab and push to your repo, you'll see a link to create a merge
request for that branch, like so:

remote: To create a merge request for patchwork-246007, visit:
remote:   https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/ajax/xserver/merge_requests/new?merge_request%5Bsource_branch%5D=patchwork-246007
remote:
To gitlab.freedesktop.org:ajax/xserver.git
 * [new branch]            patchwork-246007 -> patchwork-246007

This has the advantage of running the CI pipeline automatically.

I strongly encourage others to use the MR workflow as much as possible.
I make no promises about patches sent only to the mailing list, and any
such that I do pay attention to will be proxied into merge requests (as
above).

If you haven't logged into patchwork yet and turned on notifications
for the modules and groups you're interested in, now would be a good
time to do that.

- ajax