Port of X11 to Windows 32-bit

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Wed Feb 27 14:18:28 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-02-26 at 08:20 -0500, James Larrowe wrote:
> I'm working on nonintrusively patching Xlib and the X server to work
> natively on Windows 32-bit, and I'm interested in upstreaming the
> patches. I have two questions:
> 1. Would they be welcome?

Almost certainly, although I'm not sure how much more "native" you're
planning to get. The mingw build already talks directly to win32 APIs.
Can you elaborate on what you're trying to do here?

Note that we're not likely to support new build systems, unless that
build system is named meson.

> 2. What is the coding style/indentation style that X uses?

"Wildly inconsistent". If you're modifying existing code it's usually
best to follow whatever the local style is. For new code we typically
prefer K&R with 4 space indents. Running the x-indent.sh script should
get you pretty close:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/util/modular/blob/master/x-indent.sh

- ajax