X.Org modules which could use some help to release

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Tue Jul 16 19:07:10 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-07-15 at 14:31 -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> On 7/15/19 4:02 AM, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>
> > libWindowsWM
>
> This is supposed to only be useful on Cygwin, but a Cygwin package search
> says they don't ship it, and it hasn't had a release since 2009,  so I
> wonder if anyone uses it, or just keeps building it because no one ever
> said "stop".

In principle it would be useful for any window manager that happens to
be driving a server with that extension (likely only on win32), but if
you're running your wm on a different machine/os from your win32
display you are doing something kinda weird.

In practice, I had trouble finding _any_ window manager that used this
extension, and the server-side code has been deleted in master:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/merge_requests/178

- ajax