xf86-video-intel: 2 commits - src/sna/sna_blt.c src/sna/sna_display.c

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Sat Mar 2 11:07:33 UTC 2019

On 2019-03-01 7:22 p.m., GitLab Mirror wrote:
>  src/sna/sna_blt.c     |    7 +++++--
>  src/sna/sna_display.c |   20 ++++++--------------
>
> New commits:
> commit 6afed33b2d673d88674f0c76efe500ae414e8e1b
> Author: Ville Syrjälä <ville.syrjala at linux.intel.com>
> Date:   Fri Mar 1 11:26:07 2019 +0000
>
>     sna: Switch back to hwcursor on the next cursor update
>
>     Once we've switched to using the swcursor (possibly
>     due to the cursor ioctl failing) we currently keep
>     using the swcursor until the modeset.
>
>     That's not particularly great as the swcursor has several
>     issues. Apart from the (presumably expected) flicker,
>     the cursor also tends to leave horrible trails behind
>     around dri2/3 windows (happens with tearfree at least).

Sounds like the intel driver is allowing DRI2/Present page flipping
while there's an SW cursor? That cannot work correctly, as the SW cursor
image is missing in the newly flipped pixmap, and the SW cursor code
will restore stale background contents to it when the cursor has to be
drawn again.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer               |              https://www.amd.com