xorg-server: logind support requires --enable-udev, however works without udev running, is udev really needed?

Piotr Karbowski slashbeast at gentoo.org
Wed Mar 20 15:27:11 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 20/03/2019 12.32, Hans de Goede wrote:

> I'm surprised that this works at all, but regardless using the logind
> integration without the udev integration is definitely not something
> which we want to support, sorry.

What do you mean by that? What the udev and logind does is to get user
access to input devices and also to support SETMASTER/DROPMASTER when
taking over framebuffer, right?

Only the input part is handled by logind is being privileged entity that
can be used to take over framebuffer -- nothing for udev to do.

-- Piotr.