[Nouveau] Individuals interested in VESA memberships?

Rhys Kidd rhyskidd at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 03:19:40 UTC 2019

On Sat, 2 Nov 2019 at 07:06, Lyude Paul <lyude at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi! Recently I've been working with the rest of the X.Org board to try to
> get
> X.org access to VESA memberships so that contributors that don't have an
> employer who is able/willing to join VESA can potentially get access to the
> various benefits of a VESA membership, such as access to DisplayPort
> specifications. Since I need to gather a list of interested X.org members,
> I'd
> like to know who all might be interested in a membership like this. There
> are
> no costs involved, as the VESA membership we're looking at in particular
> comes
> at no cost to us since we're a non-profit.
>
> The current plan is to extend VESA membership to X.Org members who
> specifically request it. If you think you'd be at all interested in this,
> or
> know any projects or contributors who would be, please feel free to
> respond to
> this message and let me know!

Hi Lyude,

This is super helpful, thank you for advancing this with X.org <> VESA.

I would be interested, as recently released nvidia register documentation
on crc
functionality in the display block removes another roadblock for nouveau
testing
support in igt-gpu-tools.

My time to work on nouveau independently remains limited, so if there's a
limit
on the number of VESA memberships available -- I'd rather not be at the top
of that list over other more active open source contributors.

Regards,
Rhys