Individuals interested in VESA memberships?

Sanford Rockowitz rockowitz at minsoft.com
Tue Nov 5 04:54:10 UTC 2019

I'm interested in the VESA memberships.

First off, let me acknowledge that I'm not active in X.org.  If that is
disqualifying, so be it.  However, I am the developer of ddcutil
(http://www.ddcutil.com), a utility for DDC/CI monitor control, that is
being adopted by Linux distributions, most notably the Debian/Ubuntu
family.

There is enormous variability in how monitors implement the
specifications (see my rogues gallery at
http://www.ddcutil.com/monitor_notes), and there are many features of
the Monitor Control Command Set that I suspect have never been
implemented and never will be. For example, I've yet to see a monitor
that implements the Monitor Control Command Set (MCCS) version 3, and
suspect there never will be one. My interest is VESA membership is
twofold.  First is to have access to the internal mailing lists, where I
can pose questions as to what is "really" going on. And second, there
are some older specs, e.g. MCCS version 2.1, that would be helpful to me
in properly interpreting data from monitors that are (ostensibly) built
to that spec.

Regards,
Sanford Rockowitz