Overlay Text issue with Xorg modesetting driver

Shubham Kumar Jha shubham.kumar.jha at ni.com
Fri Jan 17 08:49:38 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have attached an example which displays text and background rectangle When this piece of code is run with Intel as default XORG driver everything works fine both text and rectangle are being displayed,whereas when i switch to the Modesetting driver only the background rectangle is seen and text is not being displayed.

I tried running XShmqueryversion with modesetting driver , it returned value of pixmap as True, so it means shared pixmaps should be supported.I have verified this behavior on Ubuntu 16.04.

Kindly let me know if this is the expected behavior of modesetting driver, if not then how to go ahead with resolving this.

Thanks,

Shubham Jha