Dead key behavior on Linux / X11

Tigran S. tisarukhan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 08:33:06 UTC 2022

Hello,
I am testing a new keyboard layout that has seven alphabetic dead keys (T,
S, D, G, K, Z, and C). To type a word that has two consecutive dead keys, I
have to type a space between them. For example, to input the Armenian word
թխկի, I have to type t khki, with a space between t and k. But in macOS, I
can type that word without a space between t and k dead keys. Also in
macOS, when pressing a dead key, the corresponding first letter is input
immediately and highlighted. Is it possible to have such an implementation
of dead keys in Linux?

The repository of the keyboard layout is located at
https://github.com/dotland/mnemonic-kb-hy.

Regards,
Tigran