xprop: refacturing

Thomas Dickey dickey at his.com
Wed Jan 26 09:19:34 UTC 2022

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 01:56:55PM +0100, René wrote:
> I redeveloped `xprop.., so it fits my expectations:
> - the tool does not allocate 1MB every time
> - no limit for buffer
> - refacturing the code
> - colorized output
> --raw param for scripts
> - bug fixing
> - $@ tag for pro name
> $# tag for prop type
> $^^ tag for separator
> - no need to use `sed for paring the output e.g. I just use --dformat (def.
> format)=$8s:$0 --raw for getting string prop. or --dformat=8s:$^:^$0+ for
> the list

where is "--dformat" defined?  (which tool)

> - double --args with =
> - src is split to more files
> - no exit fn call
> - memory releasing at the end
>
> please note it's not small patch so I don't know how to upload the files to
> git. who is managing the src code let me know

updates are done by forking the git repo, e.g.,

	https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/xprop

and submitting pull-requests.  Several small pull requests would probably
get more response than a large one.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey at invisible-island.net>
https://invisible-island.net