xserver: Branch 'master' - 3 commits

Jeremy Sequoia jeremyhu at apple.com
Tue Jun 21 19:04:24 UTC 2022

> On Jun 21, 2022, at 2:19 AM, Michel Dänzer <michel.daenzer at mailbox.org> wrote:
>
> On 2022-06-21 05:37, Jeremy Sequoia wrote:
>> I reverted
>
> Thanks.
>
> Note that "make dist" is still broken on server-22.1-branch: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/jobs/24330392 (I don't personally care about this, but the 22.1 branch maintainer might :)

Done.  Sorry I missed that.  That’s what I get for jumping on the meson bandwagon.  I didn’t realize the autotools build was still there. ><

I’ll use the gitlab workflow for future changes to catch issues like this, thanks!

>> and created a pull request to track getting this in once the pipelines are updated:
>>
>>     https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/merge_requests/913
>
> I commented there how the CI failure could be solved.

Thanks.  Seems easy enough to start pulling at that thread...

>>> Could you point me at documentation for setting that up?
>
> I don't know of any documentation about how to do builds for macOS in GitLab CI, which might be the main challenge here. I'd suggest joining the #freedesktop channel on OFTC IRC and asking the gstreamer folks there how they're doing it. Or maybe take a look at the macos job definitions in https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/-/blob/main/.gitlab-ci.yml .
>
> FWIW, the general GitLab CI/CD documentation is at https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/ and the documentation for the CI templates we're using at https://freedesktop.pages.freedesktop.org/ci-templates/ . I'm afraid this may be overwhelming at first though, it certainly was for me. :)

Yeah, I’l definitely up to my neck in custom CI-foo for my day job as well =).

I’ll take a look!