drm/mesa/ati R5xx 3D support: What is the correct compilation order?

Stefan Becker Stefan.Becker at nokia.com
Thu May 8 02:42:18 PDT 2008

Hi,

ext Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 4:33 AM, Stefan Becker <Stefan.Becker at nokia.com> wrote:
>>
>> ext Alex Deucher wrote:
>>> You need drm from git master.
>> Hmm, but the master log doesn't show any of the r345-cleanup changes. Aren't
>> they needed too?
>
> they aren't necessary.  I'll be merging them to master soon anyway.

Thanks. glxgears is running now, although with some triangle errors and
not too fast (1000 fps) :-) Enabling KDE4 window manager desktop effects
leads to unusable desktop or crashed server :-(

For the benefits of others out there, here is the installation order
that worked for me on Fedora 9:

  - build drm from git/master
  - build mesa from git/r500-support
  - rebuild x11-xorg-xserver
  - build xf86-video-ati from git/master
  - build drm & radeon kernel modules from above drm source

Regards,

	Stefan

---
Stefan Becker