ati es1000 and dual head

jean-francois simon jfs at themis.com
Wed May 14 15:06:18 PDT 2008

hi,

i hope this is the right place to post this:

we have designed an embedded intel motherboard, which uses the ATI
es1000 as the graphic chip. we have implemented the two VGA ports as
described in the es1000 documentation, in oder to have dual head
configuration.
we can see that the chip is able to work in clone mode, where the 2
screens display the same image, but we can't have real dual head
configuration despite configuring the xorg.conf file accordingly.

my question is: does the ati es1000 really work in dual head
configuration?  i am using opensuse 10.2.

thanks a lot,
-jfs