Problem with performance with Composite and dri

RafałMużyło galtgendo at o2.pl
Thu May 22 04:18:57 PDT 2008

Michel Dänzer <michel at ...> writes:

> >   with cairo: system seems to freeze (I'm not talking about framerate, server
> > itself gets unresponsive)
>
> Does it recover after killing the application? Same problem without
> Option "AccelDFS" or with XAA instead of EXA?

I should explain, what 'system seems to freeze` means in this context.
It means: my wm is set to 'focus follows mouse' and I'm running xclock;
when I run gvbam with cairo, mouse moves fine, but focus doesn't change
and xclock is frozen. If I do Alt+Ctrl+F1/Alt+Ctrl+F7, app looses focus
and pauses, so I can kill it and system recovers (well, it recovers as soon
as app looses focus).

Now, about XAA/EXA and AccelDFS.
For now, I tested it only with dri disabled.
EXA + no AccelDFS = same freeze as EXA + AccelDFS + dri
XAA + AccelDFS = same as EXA + AccelDFS (no dri)
XAA + no AccelDFS = decent framerate, but still a bit low.
> >   with opengl: framerate is very low
>
> Anything interesting in the application output, in particular on stderr?
> Does it work better with the environment variable
> disable_lowimpact_fallback=true set?
App doesn't have any console output and I'm running with
disable_lowimpact_fallback=true by default, cause it affects other programs.