Radeon HD4670: AIGLX error: Calling driver entry point failed(EE) AIGLX

Stephan Johach hunsum at gmx.de
Tue Apr 14 09:37:13 PDT 2009

Hi Michel!
Am Dienstag 14 April 2009 10:04:42 schrieb Michel Dänzer:
> On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 14:30 +0200, Stephan Johach wrote:
> > I'm currently trying to get EXA working with my HD4670 on a LFS linux.
> >
> > To get it working I followed the instructions at
> >
> > http://www.x.org/wiki/radeon:r6xx_r7xx_branch
> >
> > but with no luck so far. After enabling EXA it fails with the message in
> > the mail subject.
>
> The log file shows no failure: AIGLX falls back to software rendering
> (there's no 3D hardware acceleration available for >= R600 yet anyway),
> and EXA is enabled.
>
> Is there a problem still?

Hmm. Then the error means only 3D acceleration is not working? I guessed the
error means 2D acceleration (and thus EXA) is disabled
too. The reason I stumbled on this error is that KWin desktop effects (KDE 4.2)
did not work here, so I searched for a reason and found the AIGLX error.

Now I found the real reason. I had to switch composit type from OpenGL to
XRender in the desktop settings. That was not obvious for me. Now I know
better. Sorry for bothering you and thanks for you help.

Stephan