Support for Mobility Radeon HD 56xx?

Andreas Demmer mail at andreas-demmer.de
Sun Jul 11 10:55:16 PDT 2010

Hi,

I own a Laptop with switchable graphics (HP Envy 14) that cannot be
deactivated in BIOS.

Builtin adapter is Intel Arrandale, discrete adapter is ATI Mobility Radeon HD
5650. Since I cannot deactive switchable graphics, I am stuck with the Intel
adapter because the proprietary ATI driver does not support switchable
graphics.

Unfortunally, the free radeon driver does not yet support the HD 56xx cards.
Are there any plans (maybe even code?) to integrate this chipset into the free
radeon driver?

Greets,
Andreas

--