Debian bugs: 588601, 588602: xpress 200m 5955 => resume from suspend fails with KMS enabled

Andres Cimmarusti andrescimmarusti at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 20:55:24 PDT 2010

Fantastic!, it works!

I forced it by just writing (like your quirk):

    /* quirk for rs4xx HP laptops to make them resume
    * - they hang on resume inside the dynclk 1 table.
    */
    return;

Just before the /* DYN CLK 1 */ line in the radeon_combios.c file.

So, can you modify your patch to encompass my chipset? actually I know of several xpress 200 different chipset that have this issue, see for example:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/305301?comments=all
or
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-ati/+bug/577340

I will contact this bug reporters and will try to get them to try by modifying the kernel source.

I recently opened up a bug report upstream, to which you replied with the same solution. Perhaps that provides the ideal framework for a slight change in your patch?

Thanks a lot!

Andres