Dual head zaphod working!

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Sat Jan 1 17:53:32 PST 2011

Thanks to the list.  I received my dual head card, a Radeon X700 which
is an OEM part for this ThnikCentre.  The Zaphod head mode is working
well for me on Linux Mint 10 with Visual Effects set to None (enabling
them interferes with an FLTK program I run).  I have noted an
interesting behavior of gnome-screensaver.  It seems as though the
screensaver will start correctly but if an OpenGL saver is started, it
will just freeze.  Now the display does not freeze as it responds to the
keyboard or mouse and I can get back to the desktop.  2d savers seem
fine.  Also, the power management seems unable to put the monitors to
sleep.

I can provide whatever information needed from the system.  Would a bug
report be proper?

- Nate >>