Support ATI Mobility radeon 9200

jerome jerome at informalibre.fr
Thu Jan 6 06:41:52 PST 2011

Hello, I contact you because I'd like to have full support for my
graphics card.
I had hoped that in time she would finally be better supported. But this
is not the case, I am unable to use gnome-shell or unity for example...

My computer is a Fujitsu laptop with Radeon Mobility 9200. I tried to
configure xorg.conf manually to improve its operations but it is
useless.
I put below my configuration manual.

This would be super cute on your part to help me.

Thank you in advance!

Jerome P

Xorg.conf

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "ATI Technologies Inc M24 1P [Radeon Mobility
X700]" # Dépends de votre carte
  	Driver "radeon"
	Option "DRI" "true"
	Option "ColorTiling" "on"
	Option "EnablePageFlip" "true"
	Option "AccelMethod" "EXA"
	Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps"
	Option "RenderAccel" "true"
	#Option "AGPMode" "x" <- x may be 2 or 4 depending on your system
	Option "AGPFastWrite" "on"
EndSection

lspcilspci | grep VGA

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M9+ 5C61 [Radeon
Mobility 9200 (AGP)] (rev 01)

Chipset : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportComponentsVideoCardsAti
RV250lf

glxgear